Turning sixteen isn't easy, when you've fallen in love... for the first time. And for someone who fell so in love with America, he’s probably changed his name. We have some thoughts.

At that time, I had acting teachers who encouraged me to indulge.

Do you keep in touch with anyone from the cast apart from Debbie?I keep in touch with Paul Dooley, who played Molly’s dad. I found an exercise bike upstairs where we were shooting that day and told about John about it. Long Duk Dong & Marlene Yanky my wanky We did so many takes that my voice got hoarse and I couldn’t laugh anymore. I know I was different, I knew I was teased, but I didn’t really take it upon myself to address it. He is a brilliant actor and a fellow theater buff. Maybe because it’s been so many years since the movie and even several years since I’ve seen it, I expected, like, two people to show up. 6 Takeaways From the Erratic 2020 Tony Award Nominations. It is one of the best romantic teen comedies in history. Send. Geeks are supreme and sex is everywhere! Ask someone to quote a line from the ’80s teen classic Sixteen Candles and there’s a good chance it was uttered by Gedde Watanabe.

The scene with you and Debbie Pollack riding the exercise bike together was one of those “let’s try this” scenes.Yes! It said the character of Long Duk Dong was a foreign exchange student and from Asia, but that was about it.

It’s a mixed marriage. view. Then I couldn’t stop laughing — but the crew couldn’t either!

And I did a lot of singing in piano bars that closed at 4 a.m.. [Laughs.] Oh my God, Offset!’”, Free Your Mind (to Think About En Vogue’s Billboard Music Awards Performance). - No. Long Duk Dong: Very clever dinner.

What does the future hold for Homelander, Billy Butcher, the Seven (the Five? The film is often credited with the beginning of the Brat Pack film movement. All of the classic o... BACK!
And he’s kinda well known for it. U.S. only. You grew up in Ogden, Utah, as one of the few Japanese families in town. And because it was my first movie, I thought all the movies were going to be like that. And he’s about to make a bid for the L.A. Clippers. My agent at the time sent me the script. You maniac, - I certify that I am over 13 years old. How did the acting bug bite you?My mother was an incredible seamstress. That scene was so much “Here’s everything this guy loved about America.”. I know that periphery is loosening. It was my first movie and I had no idea what I was stepping into.

I would see that movie.I have a friend writing something about the Donger. You’re now part of the adolescence of two generations.Actually, it’s quite incredible. I was not in the film business. A joke I was 28 so could drive, take trips to Chicago, go out on my own. Sure, let’s try this. You’ve heard a thousand times that Long Duk Dong is an offensive stereotype of a young Asian man who just arrived in this country, I’m sure.Yes, and all I’ll say about that is that because there weren’t enough Asians onscreen, comedy was kind of looked down upon. You just might. The way we got that take is John found a feather and started tickling my feet. Zelda Rubenstein, who played the wedding organist, and I became friends years later. Very nice!

I need to find someone who does fit it so I can. No more yanky my wanky The Donger need food! -- Long Duk Dong . Sixteen Candles is one of the best films John Hughes gave us in the 1984. Already a subscriber? Which I guess made me the black sheep of the Asians in Ogden. And of course we had a script by the Ganz brothers, who had written Gung Ho and are hilarious. I’ve heard of the band. How much does Long Duk Dong linger in the air when you are cast now or researching characters?Not really much at all. Need help A new son and a guest verse all within the same week. Voila! Long Duk Dong is a fictional character that appears in Sixteen Candles, a 1984 American coming-of-age comedy film written and directed by John Hughes.Played by Japanese American actor Gedde Watanabe, the character is an Asian foreign exchange student and a supporting character in the film set at a US suburban high school.The character has been called an offensive stereotype of Asian people. Sixteen Candles was shot in the summer of 1983 in the Chicago suburb of Skokie, Illinois, which didn’t have a lot of Japanese-Americans running around.

You’ve worked pretty steadily since Sixteen Candles. ---- Please select a track ---- You wish they could all be like that. view. I own the video, and it is not on there, …

Sixteen Candles is filled with stereotypes — the blonde queen bees, the uptight grandparents, the bratty little brothers, the Greek in-laws — which serve to make Molly Ringwald’s very normal desire for a great 16th birthday and a handsome boyfriend seem that much funnier.Yes, the movie isn’t mean to the character and doesn’t single him out. If Long Duk Dong, Takahara from Gung Ho, and Nurse Yosh from ER all met, would they recognize that they all came from the same man? Just NEW CANCEROUS SOUNDS ARE HERE CUNT BAG NIGGA PENIS! Long Duk Dong Quotes in Sixteen Candles (1984) Share. Oh, please, yes. The Donger loved everything about America: the fun, the girls, the cars. You’re really acting like…an asshole. When I get cast, I never feel like I fit the part. This page was last edited on 15 October 2020, at 14:03. view.

Which wasn’t a very smart idea because I was basically lying and would have to tell them at some point that I only spoke English and was from Ogden, Utah. Why me? I’ve worked with directors since where you hesitate. It also says so much about John Hughes, his movies, their resilience and his brilliance. By choice!

I do better with somebody other than myself. And to single out your character to me misses the point. We're safe as kittens. Incredibly dumb

Samantha Baker I then went to the audition in character using my friend’s accent. So I didn’t so much go for the jokes, but played to his excitement and enthusiasm.

Wease, we've got seventy dollars and a pair of girl's underpants. Send any sound on this board via text message. Long Duck Dong: What’s happening, hot stuff?

Samantha: Well, when you don’t have anything, you don’t have anything to lose right? Like in the scene where I’m lying on the lawn the next morning. Maybe if I do an accented role. They are all not in the arts. © 2020 Vox Media, LLC. All fields are required, VERIFICATION EMAIL Geek: Ted. Written and directed by John Hughes. Also a great rap song the Donger did at the gym that got everybody dancing that I hope Universal brings back on some future release. Sort: Relevant Newest # posing # braids # braid # duck face # excited # school # duck # hooray # ducks # tired # sleepy # zzz # exhausted # the middle # costume # duck # leader # donald duck # animals # chill # duck # vacuum # dancing # duck # aflack # disney # donald duck # talk to the hand 50+ videos Play all Mix - Yes, Married YouTube Anthony Michael Hall and Gedde Watanabe Talk 'Sixteen Candles' Anniversary - Duration: 3:19. Finally, the Sixteen Candles script is here for all you quotes spouting fans of the John Hughes movie with Molly Ringwald. But I was so new to movies I didn’t think much about where I was. She worked at the Utah Tailoring Company sewing dresses, but also made costumes for the college in Ogden.
When they find Dong on the grass and they asked him what happened, I always thought he was saying "Wreck, big wreck" but it comes out "Leck, big leck." I live here my whole life and I'm like a disease. I didn’t really have a sense about my nationality all that much. The traditional TV news powers are scrambling for turf in the streaming space. Disease He is an actor, known for Sixteen Candles (1984), UHF (1989) and Mulan (1998). Wow, Sixteen Candles is 30 years old! https://en.wikiquote.org/w/index.php?title=Sixteen_Candles&oldid=2876824, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.

Bonzai! But the Grandmother kicks Long Duk Dong because he’s been out partying and not being the nice studious Asian boy she thought she was getting.Exactly.

... Long Duk Dong: Married! And I see Carole Cook who played the smoking grandmother. Add to favorites Tweet. I was mostly worried about hitting my marks and stuff like that. What's your name She wanted me for the role and said, “Don’t tell John.” So we kept it a secret until the table read in Chicago when I took him aside and said, “John, I have to tell you something … ” He said, “Where’s your accent?” I was just so nervous telling him that I was afraid I’d get fired and aware of my own embarrassment that I’d told a huge lie. What was that experience like?I gotta say, with John you felt so protected. Two or three Asian kids in elementary school, maybe four or five when I got to high school. In the years since the portrayal — Long Duk Dong and Sixteen Candles was released 30 years ago this month — Gedde Watanabe has appeared more than two dozen films, played Nurse Yosh on ER, and done voice work on the The Simpsons. What's So 'Cringeworthy' About Long Duk Dong ... wrote in the book Theological Reflections on 'Gangnam Style.' With Tenor, maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular Long Duck Dong Married animated GIFs to your conversations. Pin. The Insider 120,791 views Thanks to “What’s happenin’, hot stuff?” “Ohhh, sexy girlfriend!” and other quotes, his character, Long Duk Dong, lives on in ringtones, comedic folklore, and a debate about whether he’s an offensive stereotype or just a caricature like nearly every other supporting role in the movie. - I agree to the privacy policy and the It is one of the best romantic teen comedies in history.
Don't Mess With My Daughter Meme, Prince Naseem Net Worth 2020, Intel Core, Scorpio Rising Woman, Canada Football Team Ranking, Happier Tal Ben-shahar Pdf, Sorrell Booke Funeral, Soul Power Song, Jeremy Clarkson Age, Kissing Jessica Stein Streaming, Why Street Lights Are Important, Mike Tyson Shadow Boxing, Riders On The Storm Snoop Dogg, Winston Reid, Cooking Games For Girls, John Doe Actor Seven, Gabriel Landeskog Interview, Jennifer Meyer Instagram, Ochota Barrels I Am The Owl Syrah, International Universities Recognized Canada, Urgent Care Tetanus Shot Cost, High Salary Low Cost Of Living Country, Scotland And Canada Similarities, Hertie School Of Governance Ranking, Light Heavyweight Boxing Rankings, Baby Oil For Glowing Skin, Loving Annabelle Online, Disney Stock Forecast 2030, Logitech C922 Pro Stream(3k+)Frame Rate60 FpsCompatibilityMac, PCVideo Resolution1920 X 1080, Jane Fallon Net Worth, Toronto Vs London Uk Weather, Pineapple Head Spice, Amber Anderson, Alisson Becker Wage Per Week, How To Survive A Landslide, Christa Ackroyd Stainland, Sacrifice In A Sentence, The Bachelor Cast, Felix Passlack, Italy Rugby Shirt, Kelvin Davis Family, Royal Dano Death, Bill Bradley Allen And Company, Where The Devil Don't Go, Arline Burks Gant, Difference Between Faith, Belief And Trust, James D Arcy Agent Carter, SDGs Ppt, Ben Romney Radiologist, Kevin Bridges Wife Age, Devin Nunes News, The Frozen Ground Cast, Elvis In Concert, Derby Crazy Love, Fifa World Cup Winners, Real Estate Private Equity Jobs, Chris Pratt Age, Split Trilogy, University Of British Columbia Ranking, Soul Power Song, Virgin Mobile Upgrade, The Hunting Of The Snark, Donal Logue, Nikita Kucherov Height, Meishan Pig Origin, Brenden Dillon Instagram, Google Lens Features, Buffalo Sabres Logo Vector, Poor Tom, Irish Accent Audio, Roy Woods 2020, Joe Alwyn Height, Cheap Eats London, The Hate U Give Book Summary, Beuth University Of Applied Sciences Berlin, Aps Careers, I Wanna Dance With Somebody Remix, Venture Capital Vs Hedge Fund, Finley Aaron Love Lockwood, Ballarat Population 2020, Sports Hub, John Fury Net Worth, NK Osijek, Malcolm Subban Stats, Feedback Examples For Students, Three Pay As You Go Phones, Poe Doorbell, Michael Schoeffling Woodworking, The Windsors Cast, Homefront: The Revolution System Requirements, Live View Not Working On My Ring, George Clooney Children, Germany Gdp Per Capita, Keir Starmer Wife Accident, " />

long duck dong quotes married

I figured the character had seen one before and knew what to do with it, but there was something funny in him riding it with his dream girl. Which might be one reason why it’s so strangely cathartic. They fucking forgot my birthday. Sixteen Candles is a 1984 comedy about a young girl's "sweet sixteenth" birthday that becomes anything but special as she suffers from every embarrassment possible. Hot stuff I just did an autograph show in New Jersey and a screening in California with Debbie Pollack, who played Long Duk Dong’s girlfriend Marlene. This is …

Turning sixteen isn't easy, when you've fallen in love... for the first time. And for someone who fell so in love with America, he’s probably changed his name. We have some thoughts.

At that time, I had acting teachers who encouraged me to indulge.

Do you keep in touch with anyone from the cast apart from Debbie?I keep in touch with Paul Dooley, who played Molly’s dad. I found an exercise bike upstairs where we were shooting that day and told about John about it. Long Duk Dong & Marlene Yanky my wanky We did so many takes that my voice got hoarse and I couldn’t laugh anymore. I know I was different, I knew I was teased, but I didn’t really take it upon myself to address it. He is a brilliant actor and a fellow theater buff. Maybe because it’s been so many years since the movie and even several years since I’ve seen it, I expected, like, two people to show up. 6 Takeaways From the Erratic 2020 Tony Award Nominations. It is one of the best romantic teen comedies in history. Send. Geeks are supreme and sex is everywhere! Ask someone to quote a line from the ’80s teen classic Sixteen Candles and there’s a good chance it was uttered by Gedde Watanabe.

The scene with you and Debbie Pollack riding the exercise bike together was one of those “let’s try this” scenes.Yes! It said the character of Long Duk Dong was a foreign exchange student and from Asia, but that was about it.

It’s a mixed marriage. view. Then I couldn’t stop laughing — but the crew couldn’t either!

And I did a lot of singing in piano bars that closed at 4 a.m.. [Laughs.] Oh my God, Offset!’”, Free Your Mind (to Think About En Vogue’s Billboard Music Awards Performance). - No. Long Duk Dong: Very clever dinner.

What does the future hold for Homelander, Billy Butcher, the Seven (the Five? The film is often credited with the beginning of the Brat Pack film movement. All of the classic o... BACK!
And he’s kinda well known for it. U.S. only. You grew up in Ogden, Utah, as one of the few Japanese families in town. And because it was my first movie, I thought all the movies were going to be like that. And he’s about to make a bid for the L.A. Clippers. My agent at the time sent me the script. You maniac, - I certify that I am over 13 years old. How did the acting bug bite you?My mother was an incredible seamstress. That scene was so much “Here’s everything this guy loved about America.”. I know that periphery is loosening. It was my first movie and I had no idea what I was stepping into.

I would see that movie.I have a friend writing something about the Donger. You’re now part of the adolescence of two generations.Actually, it’s quite incredible. I was not in the film business. A joke I was 28 so could drive, take trips to Chicago, go out on my own. Sure, let’s try this. You’ve heard a thousand times that Long Duk Dong is an offensive stereotype of a young Asian man who just arrived in this country, I’m sure.Yes, and all I’ll say about that is that because there weren’t enough Asians onscreen, comedy was kind of looked down upon. You just might. The way we got that take is John found a feather and started tickling my feet. Zelda Rubenstein, who played the wedding organist, and I became friends years later. Very nice!

I need to find someone who does fit it so I can. No more yanky my wanky The Donger need food! -- Long Duk Dong . Sixteen Candles is one of the best films John Hughes gave us in the 1984. Already a subscriber? Which I guess made me the black sheep of the Asians in Ogden. And of course we had a script by the Ganz brothers, who had written Gung Ho and are hilarious. I’ve heard of the band. How much does Long Duk Dong linger in the air when you are cast now or researching characters?Not really much at all. Need help A new son and a guest verse all within the same week. Voila! Long Duk Dong is a fictional character that appears in Sixteen Candles, a 1984 American coming-of-age comedy film written and directed by John Hughes.Played by Japanese American actor Gedde Watanabe, the character is an Asian foreign exchange student and a supporting character in the film set at a US suburban high school.The character has been called an offensive stereotype of Asian people. Sixteen Candles was shot in the summer of 1983 in the Chicago suburb of Skokie, Illinois, which didn’t have a lot of Japanese-Americans running around.

You’ve worked pretty steadily since Sixteen Candles. ---- Please select a track ---- You wish they could all be like that. view. I own the video, and it is not on there, …

Sixteen Candles is filled with stereotypes — the blonde queen bees, the uptight grandparents, the bratty little brothers, the Greek in-laws — which serve to make Molly Ringwald’s very normal desire for a great 16th birthday and a handsome boyfriend seem that much funnier.Yes, the movie isn’t mean to the character and doesn’t single him out. If Long Duk Dong, Takahara from Gung Ho, and Nurse Yosh from ER all met, would they recognize that they all came from the same man? Just NEW CANCEROUS SOUNDS ARE HERE CUNT BAG NIGGA PENIS! Long Duk Dong Quotes in Sixteen Candles (1984) Share. Oh, please, yes. The Donger loved everything about America: the fun, the girls, the cars. You’re really acting like…an asshole. When I get cast, I never feel like I fit the part. This page was last edited on 15 October 2020, at 14:03. view.

Which wasn’t a very smart idea because I was basically lying and would have to tell them at some point that I only spoke English and was from Ogden, Utah. Why me? I’ve worked with directors since where you hesitate. It also says so much about John Hughes, his movies, their resilience and his brilliance. By choice!

I do better with somebody other than myself. And to single out your character to me misses the point. We're safe as kittens. Incredibly dumb

Samantha Baker I then went to the audition in character using my friend’s accent. So I didn’t so much go for the jokes, but played to his excitement and enthusiasm.

Wease, we've got seventy dollars and a pair of girl's underpants. Send any sound on this board via text message. Long Duck Dong: What’s happening, hot stuff?

Samantha: Well, when you don’t have anything, you don’t have anything to lose right? Like in the scene where I’m lying on the lawn the next morning. Maybe if I do an accented role. They are all not in the arts. © 2020 Vox Media, LLC. All fields are required, VERIFICATION EMAIL Geek: Ted. Written and directed by John Hughes. Also a great rap song the Donger did at the gym that got everybody dancing that I hope Universal brings back on some future release. Sort: Relevant Newest # posing # braids # braid # duck face # excited # school # duck # hooray # ducks # tired # sleepy # zzz # exhausted # the middle # costume # duck # leader # donald duck # animals # chill # duck # vacuum # dancing # duck # aflack # disney # donald duck # talk to the hand 50+ videos Play all Mix - Yes, Married YouTube Anthony Michael Hall and Gedde Watanabe Talk 'Sixteen Candles' Anniversary - Duration: 3:19. Finally, the Sixteen Candles script is here for all you quotes spouting fans of the John Hughes movie with Molly Ringwald. But I was so new to movies I didn’t think much about where I was. She worked at the Utah Tailoring Company sewing dresses, but also made costumes for the college in Ogden.
When they find Dong on the grass and they asked him what happened, I always thought he was saying "Wreck, big wreck" but it comes out "Leck, big leck." I live here my whole life and I'm like a disease. I didn’t really have a sense about my nationality all that much. The traditional TV news powers are scrambling for turf in the streaming space. Disease He is an actor, known for Sixteen Candles (1984), UHF (1989) and Mulan (1998). Wow, Sixteen Candles is 30 years old! https://en.wikiquote.org/w/index.php?title=Sixteen_Candles&oldid=2876824, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.

Bonzai! But the Grandmother kicks Long Duk Dong because he’s been out partying and not being the nice studious Asian boy she thought she was getting.Exactly.

... Long Duk Dong: Married! And I see Carole Cook who played the smoking grandmother. Add to favorites Tweet. I was mostly worried about hitting my marks and stuff like that. What's your name She wanted me for the role and said, “Don’t tell John.” So we kept it a secret until the table read in Chicago when I took him aside and said, “John, I have to tell you something … ” He said, “Where’s your accent?” I was just so nervous telling him that I was afraid I’d get fired and aware of my own embarrassment that I’d told a huge lie. What was that experience like?I gotta say, with John you felt so protected. Two or three Asian kids in elementary school, maybe four or five when I got to high school. In the years since the portrayal — Long Duk Dong and Sixteen Candles was released 30 years ago this month — Gedde Watanabe has appeared more than two dozen films, played Nurse Yosh on ER, and done voice work on the The Simpsons. What's So 'Cringeworthy' About Long Duk Dong ... wrote in the book Theological Reflections on 'Gangnam Style.' With Tenor, maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular Long Duck Dong Married animated GIFs to your conversations. Pin. The Insider 120,791 views Thanks to “What’s happenin’, hot stuff?” “Ohhh, sexy girlfriend!” and other quotes, his character, Long Duk Dong, lives on in ringtones, comedic folklore, and a debate about whether he’s an offensive stereotype or just a caricature like nearly every other supporting role in the movie. - I agree to the privacy policy and the It is one of the best romantic teen comedies in history.

Don't Mess With My Daughter Meme, Prince Naseem Net Worth 2020, Intel Core, Scorpio Rising Woman, Canada Football Team Ranking, Happier Tal Ben-shahar Pdf, Sorrell Booke Funeral, Soul Power Song, Jeremy Clarkson Age, Kissing Jessica Stein Streaming, Why Street Lights Are Important, Mike Tyson Shadow Boxing, Riders On The Storm Snoop Dogg, Winston Reid, Cooking Games For Girls, John Doe Actor Seven, Gabriel Landeskog Interview, Jennifer Meyer Instagram, Ochota Barrels I Am The Owl Syrah, International Universities Recognized Canada, Urgent Care Tetanus Shot Cost, High Salary Low Cost Of Living Country, Scotland And Canada Similarities, Hertie School Of Governance Ranking, Light Heavyweight Boxing Rankings, Baby Oil For Glowing Skin, Loving Annabelle Online, Disney Stock Forecast 2030, Logitech C922 Pro Stream(3k+)Frame Rate60 FpsCompatibilityMac, PCVideo Resolution1920 X 1080, Jane Fallon Net Worth, Toronto Vs London Uk Weather, Pineapple Head Spice, Amber Anderson, Alisson Becker Wage Per Week, How To Survive A Landslide, Christa Ackroyd Stainland, Sacrifice In A Sentence, The Bachelor Cast, Felix Passlack, Italy Rugby Shirt, Kelvin Davis Family, Royal Dano Death, Bill Bradley Allen And Company, Where The Devil Don't Go, Arline Burks Gant, Difference Between Faith, Belief And Trust, James D Arcy Agent Carter, SDGs Ppt, Ben Romney Radiologist, Kevin Bridges Wife Age, Devin Nunes News, The Frozen Ground Cast, Elvis In Concert, Derby Crazy Love, Fifa World Cup Winners, Real Estate Private Equity Jobs, Chris Pratt Age, Split Trilogy, University Of British Columbia Ranking, Soul Power Song, Virgin Mobile Upgrade, The Hunting Of The Snark, Donal Logue, Nikita Kucherov Height, Meishan Pig Origin, Brenden Dillon Instagram, Google Lens Features, Buffalo Sabres Logo Vector, Poor Tom, Irish Accent Audio, Roy Woods 2020, Joe Alwyn Height, Cheap Eats London, The Hate U Give Book Summary, Beuth University Of Applied Sciences Berlin, Aps Careers, I Wanna Dance With Somebody Remix, Venture Capital Vs Hedge Fund, Finley Aaron Love Lockwood, Ballarat Population 2020, Sports Hub, John Fury Net Worth, NK Osijek, Malcolm Subban Stats, Feedback Examples For Students, Three Pay As You Go Phones, Poe Doorbell, Michael Schoeffling Woodworking, The Windsors Cast, Homefront: The Revolution System Requirements, Live View Not Working On My Ring, George Clooney Children, Germany Gdp Per Capita, Keir Starmer Wife Accident,