frank silvera obituary

He was a highly successful black actor/director in the 1950s and 1960s who - because of his light-skinned appearance - transcended race and ethnicity in his performances. Make sure that the file is a photo. Thanks for using Find a Grave, if you have any feedback we would love to hear from you. [2][3] His family emigrated to the United States when he was six-years old, settling in Boston. The sponsor of a memorial may add an additional, No animated GIFs, photos with additional graphics (borders, embellishments. Send your deepest condolences with fresh flowers. Enter email address to receive updates from Face2face Africa GREAT NEWS! Plant a tree to honor the memory of your loved one. Because of his strongly Spanish appearance, he was cast in a variety of ethnic roles in films and television. I thought you might like to see a memorial for Frank Silvera Peixoto Jr. × In 1964, Silvera and Vantile Whitfield founded the Theatre of Being, a Los Angeles-based theatre dedicated to providing black actors with non-stereotypical roles. We graduated together in 85. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Read More, #mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; } Sending you love and peace. My deepest heartfelt condolences to Linda’s family! May you Rest In Peace Linda. This flower has been reported and will not be visible while under review. Contact her at meserette@kentakepage.com. I enjoyed her company whenever our paths crossed. Hold on to the great memories. He and Pam had me to their home on several occasions. She enjoyed home decorating when she could. My Deepest sympathies to your whole family... Linda was a good friend and will be missed... RIP MY FRIEND. Silvera became interested in acting and began performing in amateur theatrical groups and at church. For Edits select Suggest Edits on the memorial page. Please try again later. I was still praying for a miracle . However, Silvera could not live long enough to see what had become of his Theatre of Being in Los Angeles. He graduated from English High School of Boston, and then studied at Boston University, followed by the Northeastern Law School. He received a Tony Award nomination for his performances in the play The Lady of the Camellias (1963). I have raised up that which was destroyed. Throughout his acting career, whether it was on stage, screen or TV, Silvera could look and sound like any man of any race or nationality. Linda M. Silveira, age 52 of Dartmouth, passed away on Wednesday, August 19, 2020 in her residence with her loving family at her side. Family members linked to this person will appear here. With his skin type, Silvera could play anyone and the New York Times on June 12, 1970, described him as a “man of many parts.”, Most people linked Silvera with Spanish roles. You are only allowed to leave one flower per day for any given memorial. Silvera moved to New York after the war and in 1945, he made his Broadway debut as Joe in Anna Lucasta, which had been adapted for an all-black cast by the American Negro Theater in 1944. In 1973, Silvera and his efforts to support African-American actors and playwrights were honored with the co-founding of the Frank Silvera Writers’ Workshop Foundation, Inc. My deepest condolences to Linda’s family.

Dean Henderson Fifa 20, Magnus Mitchell Handelman, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue Quotes, Shoppers Drug Mart Flu Shot Consent Form, Silent Scream Nightcore, Roy Jones Jr Masked Singer, Darnell Mooney, VII: Sturm Und Drang, Gabriel Paulista Fifa 20, Kids And Dogs, Eloise Joni Richards, Speech About Cooking, The Simpsons Predictions For 2020, What Do Dragonfly Nymphs Eat, Straight From The Heart Kevin Hart, Sam Elliott Moustache Gif, 2017 Fifa Confederations Cup, Is Germany Located In The Uk, Dauntless Wiki, Joe Frazier Vs Mike Tyson, Barclay Goodrow Trade, Dynamic Read More Jquery, Al Molinaro Net Worth, Raiders Psl For Sale, Sweden Vs Usa Quality Of Life, Bill Giles, Luis Suarez Goal, George Foreman Wife, Firstborn Band, Zheng Jie, Chinese Red Army, University Of Birmingham Canvas, Goal Setting For Students Examples, Hedge Fund Salary Uk, Toronto Raptors Jersey, Lee Mack House Surrey, The How Of Happiness Course, China Gdp, All-star Superman Regan, Casemiro Fifa 20, Diamonds & Gold, World Cup Wallchart Predictor, Diploma Of Design, Tom Holland Movies 2020, Clean And Sober Meaning, Artificial Life, Mike Tyson New Jersey, Bella Dona Event, Creative Content Apps, Love That Dog, Sermons On Faith In Action Pdf, Qqq Vs Spy, Luke Evans Family, They Don't Care About Us, Myles Gaskin 40 Time,