pauluskes June 18, 2015 Report; referencing Always On My Mind, 7", Single, 32975. [6], sales+streaming figures based on certification alone, In 1979, John Wesley Ryles reached number 20 on the US Hot Country Songs chart with his rendition, retitled "You Are Always on My Mind", from the album Let the Night Begin. This version also charted in a number of other countries. Maybe I didn't treat you,Quite as good as I should haveMaybe I didn't love you,Quite as often as I should haveLittle things, I should have said…. [49], Picture sleeve (reverse) for North American single with "Separate Ways" in smaller font, also used for some European and Australian releases, Standard artwork for commercial releases in most territories, Artwork for the UK and European 12-inch vinyl remix single, Recording Industry Association of America, VH1 Storytellers: Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson, 1983 Jade Solid Gold Best Ten Music Awards Presentation, The Secret Daughter Season Two: Songs from the Original 7 Series, "American single certifications – Elvis Presley – Separate Ways", "The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song: Top 20 Results and Winner", Ultratop.be – Elvis Presley – Always on My Mind", The Irish Charts – Search Results – Always on My Mind", "Elvis Presley Chart History (Adult Contemporary)", "Elvis Presley Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", "The Cash Box Country Top 75 – Week ending February 3, 1973", Dutchcharts.nl – Elvis Presley – Always on My Mind", Lescharts.com – Elvis Presley – Always on My Mind", Swisscharts.com – Elvis Presley – Always on My Mind", "British single certifications – Elvis Presley – Always on My Mind", "John Wesley Ryles Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", "The Cash Box Top 100 Country – Week ending December 15, 1979", "American single certifications – Willie Nelson – Always on My Mind", Ultratop.be – Willie Nelson – Always on My Mind", Dutchcharts.nl – Willie Nelson – Always on My Mind", "Willie Nelson Chart History (Adult Contemporary)", "Willie Nelson Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", "Cash Box Top 100 Singles – Week ending July 3, 1982", "The CASH BOX Top 100 Country Singles – Week ending May 15, 1982", "Adult Contemporary Songs – Year-End 1982", "The Cash Box Year-End Charts: 1982 – Top 100 Pop Singles", "Pet Shop Boys' Always On My Mind tops cover version vote", "Cara Delevingne and Matt Smith Star in Burberry's Very '80s Holiday Campaign", Austriancharts.at – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", Ultratop.be – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", Lescharts.com – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", Dutchcharts.nl – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", Charts.nz – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", Norwegiancharts.com – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", "Archiwum Listy Przebojów Programu Trzeciego", "SA Charts 1965–1989 (As presented on Springbok Radio/Radio Orion) – Acts P", Swedishcharts.com – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", Swisscharts.com – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", "Pet Shop Boys Chart History (Dance Club Songs)", "Pet Shop Boys Chart History (Dance Singles Sales)", Offiziellecharts.de – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", "ARIA Charts – End Of Year Charts – Top 50 Singles 1988", Australian Recording Industry Association, "1988 Year End Eurocharts – Hot 100 Singles", "1988 The Year in Music & Video – Top Pop Singles", "British single certifications – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", http://hd.stheadline.com/arts/arts_content.asp?contid=152111&srctype=g, I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Cry (Over You), Long Legged Girl (With the Short Dress On), There's a Honky Tonk Angel (Who'll Take Me Back In), If You've Got the Money I've Got the Time, I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter, Last Thing I Needed First Thing This Morning, Cowboys Are Frequently, Secretly Fond of Each Other, Discography: The Complete Singles Collection.
In 1988, the duo remixed the song for their third studio album, Introspective, combining it with the track "In My House". We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. It raced to number one on Billboard's Hot Country Singles chart that May, spending two weeks on top and a total of 21 weeks on the chart. [3] The song received immense fame and critical appreciation and is considered one of Presley's standout songs of the 1970s. ", released earlier in the year. AllMusic lists over 300 recorded releases of the song in versions by dozens of performers. [22], Willie Nelson recorded and released the song in early 1982. more », FAVORITE Brenda Decca 1972. This version also won Country Music Association Awards in two consecutive years: 1982 Song of the Year and 1983 Song of the Year for songwriters Christopher, James and Carson; 1982 Single of the Year for Nelson, and; contributed to Nelson winning 1982 Album of the Year for the album Always on My Mind. Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! Two further remixes by longtime Pet Shop Boys remixer, Shep Pettibone, were released on the US promotional triple vinyl version of the album—Shep's Holiday Mix and Shep's House Mix. In 2008, the song was used in the video game Dance Dance Revolution X, which was released for both arcades and the PlayStation 2 console. It was listed as a double A-side, reaching number 16 on Billboard's Hot Country Singles chart in November 1972. Main genre: Rock / Pop.

In the original, the ending phrase "always on my mind" is sung to a IV-V7-I cadence (C-D7-G). H…, Brenda Lee, née Brenda Mae Tarpley (born December 11, 1944 in Atlanta, Georgia), is an American country-pop singer, who was popular during the 1950s and 1960s. 16 Oct. 2020. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Brenda Lee also released a version in 1972. The song also fared well on Top 40 radio, reaching number five on the Billboard Hot 100 for three weeks and staying on that chart for 23 weeks. The song was originally written in the key of B-flat major, and first recorded by B. J. Thomas in that key, and later by John Wesley Ryles in 1979. [4] (sales of over a million copies).

[1] While Lee's version had stalled at number 45 on the US country chart in 1972, other performers reached the top 20 in the United States and elsewhere with their own versions: Elvis Presley in 1972; John Wesley Ryles in 1979; Willie Nelson's Grammy Award-winning version in 1982; and Pet Shop Boys in 1987. https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/26388185/Brenda+Lee. Vocals / Lyrics Electronic / Dance. In 2017, Burberry released its holiday campaign, as directed by Alasdair McLellan, which features Cara Delevingne and actor Matt Smith. AllMusic lists over 300 recorded releases of the song in versions by dozens of performers. [22], A review in Billboard praised the "brightly mixed vocals" and "powerful production". [5] In the United Kingdom, "Always on My Mind" was the hit song while "Separate Ways" was the B-side.

Always on My Mind. In the 1960s she had more charted hits than any other woman, and only three…. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile.

Test your MusicIQ here! Nelson performed the song with Johnny Cash on the 1998 release of VH1 Storytellers: Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson. But I don't know how I'm going to get through", which is part of the lyrics for another Pet Shop Boys song, "What Have I Done to Deserve This? It opens with Delevingne singing "Always on My Mind" before segueing into the Pet Shop Boys cover of the song. "Always on My Mind" is a song originally recorded by Brenda Lee in 1972. Always on My Mind by Brenda Lee was written by Johnny Christopher, Wayne Carson and Mark James and was first recorded by B.J. In November 2004, The Daily Telegraph placed the version at number two in a list of the 50 best cover versions of all time. "Always on My Mind Lyrics."

"Always on My Mind" is a love song by Johnny Christopher, Mark James, and Wayne Carson first recorded by B. J. Thomas in 1970, and first released by Gwen McCrae (as "You Were Always on My Mind") in 1972.

Brenda Lee also released a version in 1972. I am searching for this single it's importants for me with special reasons... can someone help? The song has been a crossover hit, charting in both the country and western and pop categories. The single was certified platinum by the RIAA on October 7, 1991.[26]. It was written by Johnny Christopher, Mark James and Wayne Carson Thompson.
Argentina, Chile Border Mountain, Which Country Is Easy To Get Pr Canada Or New Zealand, Ottoman Empire Religion, Keylor Navas Current Teams, Patrick Kane Salary 2020, Sam Ellis Dutchie, Brett Kulak, Oxford University Hospital Address, Dave Mason Home, Paige O'brien, Big W Bendigo Opening Hours, Saranac Beer Nutrition Facts, Ring Spotlight Cam Solar Installation, Vivitar Outdoor Wifi Camera, Mitt Romney Merchandise, Strongest Football Player In Premier League, Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire Game, Foreign Cinema, Malaak Compton Rock, Best Apps For High School Students 2020, Wild Heaven Fauci Beer, Racquet Badminton, Leon Goretzka FIFA 20, Richard Burke Friends, Iphone 7 Plus Screen Size Vs Iphone 11, Feedback For Teachers From Students Example, Quaresma Tattoo, Sonja Lyubomirsky, Instagram Photoshop, I, Humanity, Oh Well Chords, How Tall Was Phar Lap, Savio Italy, Bartender Job, Gallipoli Australia, Hbo Max Friends, This Boy's Life Summary, Magic Mike Cast, Ring Pro Battery Kit, Theodore Henderson, The River War, Garlic Bread Toast, Alex Gorsky Wife, Running Cadence For Beginners, Terra Nova, Joe Hart Fifa 20, The Attendant Tf2, Loren Dean Wife, Cuts Like A Knife Meaning, Playing For Keeps Meaning, How Did The Notre Dame Fire Start, Birds Of Steel, Top Real Estate Agents, Come From Away Streaming, Tommy Morrison House, Tevin Coleman Stats, Diego Palacios, Why Was Joe Thornton Traded, Mary Ann Marciano Chicago, Danny Kirwan Albums, Johnson Meaning In Bible, 2017 Buffalo Bills Depth Chart, Extinction Definition Biology, Fleetwood Mac - Albatross Lyrics, Copa America Schedule, Which Country Is Easy To Get Pr Canada Or New Zealand, Clueless Netflix Us, Sergio Agüero Stats, Ottawa Senators Rebrand 2020, Mr Mercedes Season 3 Dvd Release Date, Permanent Record Audiobook, Georgina Rodriguez Age And Height, World War 1 Timeline, Standing Outside The Fire Meaning, Kasperi Kapanen Contract, Mitch Marner Position, People's Liberation Army, Fortnite Login, Johnson And Johnson Home Insurance Phone Number, James Kirkpatrick Auckland, John Doe Stroker Jeans, Raymond Calais Contract, How Old Is Patrick Marleau, Caravan Song Top Recordings, Tyson On Kevin Rooney, " />

Mark Mitchell

The Pet Shop Boys' performance was so well-received that the duo decided to record the song and release it as a single produced by Julian Mendelsohn. It was first released by Gwen McCrae in 1972.

Was sampled in 2 songs. In 2013, Nelson's version was also featured in its entirety in a season two episode of the HBO series The Newsroom. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Always on My Mind/Metal Chix by Erlend Øye and Skatebård (2004) Vocals / Lyrics Hip-Hop / Rap / R&B.   It was voted the number-one song of Presley's recording career in a poll conducted by ITV in 2013. In 1987, the Pet Shop Boys performed a synth-pop version of "Always on My Mind" on Love Me Tender, a television special on the ITV network in the United Kingdom. In the 1960s she had more charted hits than any other woman, and only three male singers/groups (Elvis Presley, Ray Charles and The Beatles) outpaced her. In the 1960s she had more cha…, Brenda Lee, née Brenda Mae Tarpley (born December 11, 1944 in Atlanta, Georgia), is an American country-pop singer, who was popular during the 1950s and 1960s. At the end of the song, he gets out of the car, which drives away.

pauluskes June 18, 2015 Report; referencing Always On My Mind, 7", Single, 32975. [6], sales+streaming figures based on certification alone, In 1979, John Wesley Ryles reached number 20 on the US Hot Country Songs chart with his rendition, retitled "You Are Always on My Mind", from the album Let the Night Begin. This version also charted in a number of other countries. Maybe I didn't treat you,Quite as good as I should haveMaybe I didn't love you,Quite as often as I should haveLittle things, I should have said…. [49], Picture sleeve (reverse) for North American single with "Separate Ways" in smaller font, also used for some European and Australian releases, Standard artwork for commercial releases in most territories, Artwork for the UK and European 12-inch vinyl remix single, Recording Industry Association of America, VH1 Storytellers: Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson, 1983 Jade Solid Gold Best Ten Music Awards Presentation, The Secret Daughter Season Two: Songs from the Original 7 Series, "American single certifications – Elvis Presley – Separate Ways", "The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song: Top 20 Results and Winner", Ultratop.be – Elvis Presley – Always on My Mind", The Irish Charts – Search Results – Always on My Mind", "Elvis Presley Chart History (Adult Contemporary)", "Elvis Presley Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", "The Cash Box Country Top 75 – Week ending February 3, 1973", Dutchcharts.nl – Elvis Presley – Always on My Mind", Lescharts.com – Elvis Presley – Always on My Mind", Swisscharts.com – Elvis Presley – Always on My Mind", "British single certifications – Elvis Presley – Always on My Mind", "John Wesley Ryles Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", "The Cash Box Top 100 Country – Week ending December 15, 1979", "American single certifications – Willie Nelson – Always on My Mind", Ultratop.be – Willie Nelson – Always on My Mind", Dutchcharts.nl – Willie Nelson – Always on My Mind", "Willie Nelson Chart History (Adult Contemporary)", "Willie Nelson Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", "Cash Box Top 100 Singles – Week ending July 3, 1982", "The CASH BOX Top 100 Country Singles – Week ending May 15, 1982", "Adult Contemporary Songs – Year-End 1982", "The Cash Box Year-End Charts: 1982 – Top 100 Pop Singles", "Pet Shop Boys' Always On My Mind tops cover version vote", "Cara Delevingne and Matt Smith Star in Burberry's Very '80s Holiday Campaign", Austriancharts.at – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", Ultratop.be – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", Lescharts.com – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", Dutchcharts.nl – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", Charts.nz – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", Norwegiancharts.com – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", "Archiwum Listy Przebojów Programu Trzeciego", "SA Charts 1965–1989 (As presented on Springbok Radio/Radio Orion) – Acts P", Swedishcharts.com – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", Swisscharts.com – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", "Pet Shop Boys Chart History (Dance Club Songs)", "Pet Shop Boys Chart History (Dance Singles Sales)", Offiziellecharts.de – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", "ARIA Charts – End Of Year Charts – Top 50 Singles 1988", Australian Recording Industry Association, "1988 Year End Eurocharts – Hot 100 Singles", "1988 The Year in Music & Video – Top Pop Singles", "British single certifications – Pet Shop Boys – Always on My Mind", http://hd.stheadline.com/arts/arts_content.asp?contid=152111&srctype=g, I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Cry (Over You), Long Legged Girl (With the Short Dress On), There's a Honky Tonk Angel (Who'll Take Me Back In), If You've Got the Money I've Got the Time, I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter, Last Thing I Needed First Thing This Morning, Cowboys Are Frequently, Secretly Fond of Each Other, Discography: The Complete Singles Collection.
In 1988, the duo remixed the song for their third studio album, Introspective, combining it with the track "In My House". We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. It raced to number one on Billboard's Hot Country Singles chart that May, spending two weeks on top and a total of 21 weeks on the chart. [3] The song received immense fame and critical appreciation and is considered one of Presley's standout songs of the 1970s. ", released earlier in the year. AllMusic lists over 300 recorded releases of the song in versions by dozens of performers. [22], Willie Nelson recorded and released the song in early 1982. more », FAVORITE Brenda Decca 1972. This version also won Country Music Association Awards in two consecutive years: 1982 Song of the Year and 1983 Song of the Year for songwriters Christopher, James and Carson; 1982 Single of the Year for Nelson, and; contributed to Nelson winning 1982 Album of the Year for the album Always on My Mind. Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! Two further remixes by longtime Pet Shop Boys remixer, Shep Pettibone, were released on the US promotional triple vinyl version of the album—Shep's Holiday Mix and Shep's House Mix. In 2008, the song was used in the video game Dance Dance Revolution X, which was released for both arcades and the PlayStation 2 console. It was listed as a double A-side, reaching number 16 on Billboard's Hot Country Singles chart in November 1972. Main genre: Rock / Pop.

In the original, the ending phrase "always on my mind" is sung to a IV-V7-I cadence (C-D7-G). H…, Brenda Lee, née Brenda Mae Tarpley (born December 11, 1944 in Atlanta, Georgia), is an American country-pop singer, who was popular during the 1950s and 1960s. 16 Oct. 2020. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Brenda Lee also released a version in 1972. The song also fared well on Top 40 radio, reaching number five on the Billboard Hot 100 for three weeks and staying on that chart for 23 weeks. The song was originally written in the key of B-flat major, and first recorded by B. J. Thomas in that key, and later by John Wesley Ryles in 1979. [4] (sales of over a million copies).

[1] While Lee's version had stalled at number 45 on the US country chart in 1972, other performers reached the top 20 in the United States and elsewhere with their own versions: Elvis Presley in 1972; John Wesley Ryles in 1979; Willie Nelson's Grammy Award-winning version in 1982; and Pet Shop Boys in 1987. https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/26388185/Brenda+Lee. Vocals / Lyrics Electronic / Dance. In 2017, Burberry released its holiday campaign, as directed by Alasdair McLellan, which features Cara Delevingne and actor Matt Smith. AllMusic lists over 300 recorded releases of the song in versions by dozens of performers. [22], A review in Billboard praised the "brightly mixed vocals" and "powerful production". [5] In the United Kingdom, "Always on My Mind" was the hit song while "Separate Ways" was the B-side.

Always on My Mind. In the 1960s she had more charted hits than any other woman, and only three…. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile.

Test your MusicIQ here! Nelson performed the song with Johnny Cash on the 1998 release of VH1 Storytellers: Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson. But I don't know how I'm going to get through", which is part of the lyrics for another Pet Shop Boys song, "What Have I Done to Deserve This? It opens with Delevingne singing "Always on My Mind" before segueing into the Pet Shop Boys cover of the song. "Always on My Mind" is a song originally recorded by Brenda Lee in 1972. Always on My Mind by Brenda Lee was written by Johnny Christopher, Wayne Carson and Mark James and was first recorded by B.J. In November 2004, The Daily Telegraph placed the version at number two in a list of the 50 best cover versions of all time. "Always on My Mind Lyrics."

"Always on My Mind" is a love song by Johnny Christopher, Mark James, and Wayne Carson first recorded by B. J. Thomas in 1970, and first released by Gwen McCrae (as "You Were Always on My Mind") in 1972.

Brenda Lee also released a version in 1972. I am searching for this single it's importants for me with special reasons... can someone help? The song has been a crossover hit, charting in both the country and western and pop categories. The single was certified platinum by the RIAA on October 7, 1991.[26]. It was written by Johnny Christopher, Mark James and Wayne Carson Thompson.

Argentina, Chile Border Mountain, Which Country Is Easy To Get Pr Canada Or New Zealand, Ottoman Empire Religion, Keylor Navas Current Teams, Patrick Kane Salary 2020, Sam Ellis Dutchie, Brett Kulak, Oxford University Hospital Address, Dave Mason Home, Paige O'brien, Big W Bendigo Opening Hours, Saranac Beer Nutrition Facts, Ring Spotlight Cam Solar Installation, Vivitar Outdoor Wifi Camera, Mitt Romney Merchandise, Strongest Football Player In Premier League, Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire Game, Foreign Cinema, Malaak Compton Rock, Best Apps For High School Students 2020, Wild Heaven Fauci Beer, Racquet Badminton, Leon Goretzka FIFA 20, Richard Burke Friends, Iphone 7 Plus Screen Size Vs Iphone 11, Feedback For Teachers From Students Example, Quaresma Tattoo, Sonja Lyubomirsky, Instagram Photoshop, I, Humanity, Oh Well Chords, How Tall Was Phar Lap, Savio Italy, Bartender Job, Gallipoli Australia, Hbo Max Friends, This Boy's Life Summary, Magic Mike Cast, Ring Pro Battery Kit, Theodore Henderson, The River War, Garlic Bread Toast, Alex Gorsky Wife, Running Cadence For Beginners, Terra Nova, Joe Hart Fifa 20, The Attendant Tf2, Loren Dean Wife, Cuts Like A Knife Meaning, Playing For Keeps Meaning, How Did The Notre Dame Fire Start, Birds Of Steel, Top Real Estate Agents, Come From Away Streaming, Tommy Morrison House, Tevin Coleman Stats, Diego Palacios, Why Was Joe Thornton Traded, Mary Ann Marciano Chicago, Danny Kirwan Albums, Johnson Meaning In Bible, 2017 Buffalo Bills Depth Chart, Extinction Definition Biology, Fleetwood Mac - Albatross Lyrics, Copa America Schedule, Which Country Is Easy To Get Pr Canada Or New Zealand, Clueless Netflix Us, Sergio Agüero Stats, Ottawa Senators Rebrand 2020, Mr Mercedes Season 3 Dvd Release Date, Permanent Record Audiobook, Georgina Rodriguez Age And Height, World War 1 Timeline, Standing Outside The Fire Meaning, Kasperi Kapanen Contract, Mitch Marner Position, People's Liberation Army, Fortnite Login, Johnson And Johnson Home Insurance Phone Number, James Kirkpatrick Auckland, John Doe Stroker Jeans, Raymond Calais Contract, How Old Is Patrick Marleau, Caravan Song Top Recordings, Tyson On Kevin Rooney,